Welcome to WorldWithWings Counseling
I believe that therapy is work that can be enjoyable, enlightening, creative, and exciting!
My name is Alana R. Karsch and I am an Expressive Arts Therapist, and Licensed Mental Health Counselor. I have a unique practice which includes deep healing work as a talk therapist and the ability to use my training as an Expressive Arts Therapist to revolutionize the way we work together.
I use arts in therapy as much or as little as is appropriate for a particular person. I find that adding an element of non-verbal communication can sometimes elicit a truthful interaction that might otherwise have been difficult to achieve. We work together to see which languages fit you best, and which ones help you stretch and grow and blossom. Some clients decline to engage in art-making altogether. It’s really up to you!
My style of therapy is intuitive and eclectic. And full disclosure: I make a lot of bad puns. I will be alongside you as you set the pace and make goals that work for you, while also providing assignments and direct suggestions when it seems helpful. Believe it or not, you are the expert on you – I’m not! I am here to help you find what you already know, and put it into action so you can be your best self.
I especially enjoy helping people work through self-esteem, identity, life-stage transitions, gender identity/LGBTQIA issues, depression, and creative dry spells. I use she/her pronouns and identify as bigender.
I’m here to help draw out the best in you.
Individual and Couples Therapy
- I offer individual and couples counseling, utilizing expressive arts therapy based on the client’s needs and interest.
- I work with clients ages 10 and up. I love working with teens!
- Weekly, twice weekly, or twice monthly sessions
- Art supplies are included. Participating in art is not required in any way.
- 1 and 1 1/2 hour session options
- Weekly sessions of art-marking
- Ages 12 and up
- I will provide the prompt and the supplies, you explore the mediums and your internal experience
- Includes support and discussion throughout and at the conclusion of the hour
- A great way to open up to your innate creativity and let your heart speak with no expectations of perfection
- 1-2 hour sessions
- No current studio times planned. Please reach out if you are interested!
- Contact me for rates
- Sliding Scale available for a limited number of clients; based on need
- I am in network for GroupHealth/Kaiser Permanente Core
Creative Arts Exploration
- 1 hour art studio session is $40
- 2 hour art studio session is $75
reach out and connect:
I am fascinated by people and their stories. I would love to hear yours.
If you have questions, would like to schedule a session, I welcome you to contact me.
All information you share with me will be kept confidential and safe.
I am happy to hear from you!